Ready to write for the OCDSBXL blog? You’ve come to the right place…
OCDSBXL welcomes submissions from Staff and Students of the OCDSB.
Are you from a community partner and would like to contribute? Please email us directly at ocdsbxl(at)ocdsb.ca.
Blog Post – Writing Guidelines
- Blogs written by staff will be in 3rd person impersonal. Students can write in the first person.
- Posts should have a photo/photos. Please submit photos, or videos, with your submission (For video, we can use a YouTube link, if that’s easier). If you are sending photos from your mobile device then ‘medium’ size is good.
- Additional media will be embedded when possible (ex. additional photos, video, audio, etc.) and / or links to additional sites, Twitter posts, etc.
- Please ensure that we have permission for sharing media including students confirmed via school / program staff (this will also apply to guest contributors).
- Posts will be 150-250 words, whenever possible.
- If we have captured the project in an Experiential Learning (XL) planning template, please also submit that and it will be linked to the story.
- Community partner sites should be hyperlinked.
- Provide us a list of hashtags and handles you would like attached to the Tweets we push out.
- Articles laid out in Google Docs or MS Word, complete with photos and links, are ideal.